Peak District National Park - Weekend 26 to 27 March 2022
We are going to spend a weekend in the Peak District National Park, exploring the quieter side of Bamford, Upper Derwent Valley, Mam Tor, Lose Hill, Edale and scrambling up the northern Clough
Hike: Bamford to Ladybower Reservoir via Hope walk
Distance: 12 km / 7 miles
Ascent: Lowest 149 m, Highest 454 m
Time: 5-6 hours
Hike: Hope to Mam Tor walk via Edale
Distance: 12.5 km / 7.7 miles
Ascent: Lowest 204 m, Highest 549 m
Time: 6-7 hours
Event limited to the first 15 attendees that formalize their place
This walk is covered by our Club's insurance. Our Club is registered on The British Mountaineering Council (BMC)
HOW TO FIND US
Maria will be at the meeting point detailed in the section "Transport and Meeting Point" below. In case of difficulties locating her, you can call her on 07535295739 (texts cannot be replied to)
- £180 for those who will use their own transport. Price includes accommodation, breakfast on Sunday, guide walk and insurance.
- £225 for Members. Price includes public transport from King Cross, accommodation, breakfast on Sunday, guide walk and insurance.
- £275 for NO Members. Price includes public transport from King Cross, accommodation, breakfast on Sunday, guide walk and insurance.
INCLUDED: One night accommodation, two guided walks, breakfast take away on Sunday and transport from London.
NOT INCLUDED: Snacks, drinks, lunch or evening meals. There are shops and pub near the hostel.
Situated in the heart of the Peak District National Park, hostel is a fully refurbished gothic mansion, set within 27 acres of parkland and offering stunning views across its picturesque surroundings.
For those who will travel with us, we will meet at King Cross station on Saturday 26 Mach at 6:30am
We will be back to London on Sunday 27 Mach at 21:00
Accommodation in a Hostel in a shared room.
For more information, contact Maria on WhatsApp: 07535 295739
WHAT TO BRING
- Suitable hiking clothes & hiking footwear, ideally hiking boots. Waterproof jacket, trousers and footwear are recommended.
- Walking poles
- Packed lunch/picnic, you can buy it at the near shop, pub
This hike is led by a trained hike leader and qualified Outdoor Activity First Aider. Outdoor activities involve a risk of personal injury. Please come with suitable hiking footwear and hiking clothes such as warm clothes, waterproof jacket and trousers in case of rain - more info
Photos & Video - All were taken by the hike leader on previous trips, so are the actual views that you will see from the route that you'll be hiking.
© Club Hiking in London. Ltd 2022 (CASC) in collaboration with Saturday Walkers Club. Errors and Omissions Excepted