- The committee shall set an annual subscription for the purpose of membership.
- Admission of new members shall be at the discretion of the committee or an admissions sub-committee.
- Except where otherwise stated in the Constitution, all decisions of the committee shall, if possible, be made by consensus or if required by a simple majority vote.
- Members should not undertake any club hiking activities if:
- (i) they have any known medical ailment which may impair their ability to participate in club activities or
- (ii) if they are taking any form of medication that will put their health or the safety of others at risk. If a member is in any doubt on these matters, a doctor should be consulted prior to undertaking any club activity and the hike leader notified.
- The committee shall, as far as is practicable, circulate a list of its proposed hikes in advance, among the members.
- A leader shall be appointed for each hike.
- In the event of a leader not being present, the walking group shall appoint a leader from the group at the commencement of the hike.
- The leader of the group shall have the authority to change a proposed hike, in the interest of safety or otherwise.
- Any walker leaving a group on their own volition without the consent of the leader will be deemed to have left that walk.
- All walkers must have the appropriate footwear and clothing before embarking on any hike. The group leader shall have the authority to prohibit a walker from commencing a hike if they are not appropriately attired.
- All club members shall behave in a polite and courteous manner towards others while participating in any Club activities.
- Car pooling shall be used where practicable, for economical reasons and to reduce congestion at the start of the hike.
- A car pooling fee is encouraged.
- Pets are allowing to participle on the hikes propose. For those pets, the owner is to be entirely responsible for their behaviour at the club activities.
- Meetings shall, as far as possible, start on time and not last longer than one hour.
There are no products matching the selection.